On January 14, 2014 at 7:15 p.m. the Park Ridge Fire Department was dispatched to a home a Saddle Ridge Lane for a reported oven fire. The first arriving Park Ridge Police Officers quickly determined that there was a fire in
the oven and ensured that the residents were evacuated and quickly relayed all this information to the responding fire units. As the fire units arrived on scene, they determined that the fire was not located in the oven but actually located under the oven. The firefighters on scene quickly extinguished the remaining fire and removed the wall oven to check for any fire spread into the adjacent wall. It appears that the fire may have started as a result of an issue with the electric supply to the oven.